Why not learn how to shag on Monday!? :)
I went to a beach music festival in Gardner, NC this past weekend and I loved it. Even though I didn’t really know how to shag, it made me want to learn. I feel like it’s something all good southern belles should know how to do. :)
“Because every good Carolina Girl should know how to shag!” :)
Happy Monday ladies!,
SueAnn <3 overdresstoimpress
My Must Have 15 Makeup Products!
Hello beautiful followers! I know what you’re already thinking…”Wow, 15 products SueAnn must really cake on the makeup.” I promise dearies, a little goes a long way. I just am in love with each and everyone of these products!
1) Clinique Air Brush Concealer $19.50: College girls: This product is a miracle worker for those late nights in the library or class after a late night out ;). I swear by this stuff. It works wonders for my under eye discoloration.
2) Redpoint Dermalift Foundation $21: It leaves the smoothest finish on my skin. I never found a foundation I really liked until I found this one.
3) Clinique Instant Perfector $18: This product will make your pores and freckles barely visible. I have the hugest pores on my nose and just a small dab of this works wonders.
4)Laura Geller Spackle with Bronzer $22.80: This is the best makeup primer I have ever tried. Do not be afraid of it’s dark color. It will blend into any type of skin tone. Trust me, I’m very fair.
5) Skindinavia Finishing Spray $19: Calling all oily skinned girls out there! This is your answer to stopping shine! Also, all my party girls and my girls in the humid states this willll help keep your make up from dripping off your face.
6) Maybelline Liquid Eyeliner $6: I swear this is the best liquid eyeliner I have tried. It goes on smooth but it stays on. It isn’t completely waterproof but it does stay on all day.
7)Burt’s Bees Chapstick $3: I’m obsessed. It speaks for itself. I can’t function without it. :)
8) Clinique Lipstick $15: Yes, it’s a bit pricer than the off brand but these lip sticks last forever. I love “Red red red” and “merlot”
9) Covergirl Natureluxe Mascara $3: For the price, I like this mascara for everyday. It doesn’t weigh down my lashes and the waterproof is waterproof but easy to take off when needed.
10) BareMinerals Lipgloss $15: The shinest lipgloss is here. My mom actually gave this to me because she bought it and didn’t like the color “Fruit Cocktail”. However, I love it.
11) Clinique Eyeshadow $15: They actually don’t even make the color I use anymore. I’ve literally had this eyeshadow for years and I haven’t even reached the bottom of it yet. I use it just about everyday too. I linked it to the shadow I found most comparable to mine. (“Toasted Almond”)
12) Urban Decay Eye Primer $20: A little goes a long way here. Seriously, i just put a little dot on my finger for both eyelids. This keeps shadow in place. I have oily skin so if it works for me it will work for you. I use “eden” but I tried all the shades on in Ulta and liked them.
13) Avon Eyeliner $2: I’m nto terribly crazy about this eyeliner but for the price it is okay for everyday use. I try not to use too much of it because it will travel. However, if you only use a little it will stay in place.
14) Lancome Eyeshadow Brush $26: This isn’t the same one I have but it’s quite similar. I love how it smoothly sweeps eyeshadow on the lid.
15) Clinque Blush $21: I’ve had this blush forever! (As you can tell) I will be making a trip to buy more soon. I love this blush because it is long lasting and it gives me color without looking fake. Also, the brush is great too! I use “Iced Lotus”
I hope you guys enjoyed my makeup bag! Let me know if you’ve tried any of these products before! I want to hear back from you :)
SueAnn overdresstoimpress.tumblr.com <3
Do you ever feel like you aren’t really the same person. I feel this way all the time. I love playing sports more than absolutely anything. It just makes me feel so on top of the world and happy. However, afterwards I want a hot shower and my nails painted and cute clothes. I like going out and having fun but I like going to church on Sunday too. I eat really healthy but I love my fast food on the rare occasion. I love for my closet to be completely organized but some days I walk into my room with clothes everywhere….
This has become a major issue for me in my dating life. I don’t really know what I want in a guy because I am so many different things. I know what I like and what I’m attracted to but I like so much it’s hard to find one guy that likes everything too.
Do any of you feel this way too?
Sorry, I know this is deep for a Monday but I’ve had a lot on my mind….
Love you all so much! Have a great week!
-SueAnn Forrest <3
MONDAY AKA A-DAY!
Well, being a hugeeeeee PLL fan I could not talk about anything besides pretty little liars! Tonight was the big night! This event was a web phenomena called A-day. Are you guys fans of the show? I don’t want to talk about the ending because I don’t want to spoil it for anyone who hasn’t seen it. However, I’d just like to hear back from you guys on what you think of the show. I’m completely obsessed with it. I have club volleyball practice mondays at 9 and I show up late every night because I just can’t leave without knowing what happened. It will drive me crazy. Hope you has a great A-day!
Heritage not Hate
Recently, I received a anon comment on my personal blog about how I post pictures of the confederate flag. The anon told me that I needed to “grow up” and that this was 2012. This comment truly bothered me. I am completely captivated by American history and learning about the Civil war. It pains me to think that an American would want to forget where we came from. That is the only way we will be able to appreciate the many freedoms we all share today. To me, the Confederate flag is a symbol of the south. period. Therefore, I will continue to post it on my blog.
I know that I may receive many negative remarks about this post. However, I want to know the opinions of our followers. So, please comment on this post, ask me personally, or ask any of us how we feel on here :)
Also, please do not bash me for my opinion. I’m not asking anyone to agree with me. I’m just curious to know how everyone feels about this subject.
What does the confederate flag mean to you?
your southern belle,
I’d just like to share my recent obsession. Can I just say, I LOVE THESE SHOES. They are just perfection in my opinion. It’s like when you thought Jack Rogers couldn’t get any better…They do!:) These Clara Rope wedges are perfect for your spring and summer wardrobe. I can just see them paired with all things Lilly. I also like the platinum color because it will go with gold tone and silver tone jewelry. The wardrobe possibilities are endless! I will be getting a pair asap. :)
What do you guys think? Do you love them as much as I do?
Hope your monday was spectacular!
I know I’m an hour or so late with my post but I sort of lost track of time so I hope you all will forgive me. I’ve really struggled with what I wanted to talk about tonight. I’ve basically been going over it in my mind all day. I finally came to the conclusion that I wanted to talk about bitterness. I believe that this topic will allow you to get to know me better and perhaps inspire each of you to become more aware of your own actions.
So, here it goes…
I was basically bitter all of high school. I just couldn’t let go of my ex cheating on me. I couldn’t get over my friends talking trash about me. I despised looking in the direction of girls who had betrayed me. I know most of you don’t know me but this isn’t me. I love everybody and I just can’t stay angry for more than like 5 seconds no matter what the issue is. However, when I look back on how I let other people effect the way I carried myself it truly makes me sad. I allowed people that didn’t even matter dictate my every move.
Well, this past week I found out that my ex (dated a year and half…broke up a few weeks ago) and my best friend were “talking”. There’s a lot more to the story but I don’t wanna share due to friends having tumblrs. However, at first I was so angry. I couldn’t see how two people I loved and cared about so much could hurt me. I was upset for awhile but I took a step back and realized that being bitter toward both of them wasn’t going to fix the issue. In reality, it wasn’t going to make me feel better either. Sure, I wanted to call them both and give them a piece of my mind but I realized that it would only make me more upset. I accepted the hand I was delt and told them both I just wanted them to be happy and I wanted to be happy. My friends couldn’t believe this was how I handled the situation. However, I knew I did the right thing when a younger student from my high school texted me and told me how she admired how I handled the situation and told me I was her hero for being the better person.
Bitterness gets the best of all of us. I believe it is an action that all girls struggle with especially in high school and college. This is why I am making a conscious effort each and everyday to let go of things you can’t change and just be happy. I hope y’all will do the same.
I love you guys! Message me if you need me or if you have comments about this post :)
Sue Ann <3 overdresstoimpress.tumblr.com
Well hello there! I’d love to let y’all learn a little bit about me. My name is SueAnn Forrest (@sue_fo) (overdresstoimpress.tumblr.com) I am from the beautiful city of Greenville, North Carolina home of East Carolina University. I am an English Pre-law major at Campbell University. I play club volleyball and am an active member of English club and College Republicans. I am currently single (as of two weeks ago) and looking for the gentleman of my dreams <3. I am proud of my southern heritage and I completely embrace my inner southern belle. I am nineteen years old born on December 20th. Yes, I hate it being close to Christmas my presents are often combined. I’m kind of obsessed with being healthy and staying fit. I’m a Coach addict. If it can be monogrammed it should be. I must watch PLL every Monday. I am politically active and extremely conservative. I enjoy all of the preppy things in life. Bowties are an instant turn on for me. I love wearing pearls and anything with a bow on it. Heels just make me feel on top of the world and I love it. If it’s from Lilly Pultizer chances are I want it. I like to spend my summers on the beach at the Outer Banks in my Raybans. I could seriously live off of chocolate frozen yogurt with fresh strawberries. I hope you enjoy our blog and I can’t wait to hear from all of you! Thanks for getting to know me! Love, SueAnn<3